Saturday, April 16, 2011

Roast Beast

...or Roast Beef :)

No pics this time (sorry-- crazy busy week!) Buuuutttt, my food fave of this week is my crock-pot roast beef!


Crock-Pot Roast Beef

You'll need:
A slow cooker (duh)
Beef roast (I've also used venison roast)
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup (and 1 can of water)
1 onion, chopped
1 potato, chopped (optional)
baby carrots (optional)


Step 1: Empty can of mushroom soup into slow cooker, refill can with tap water, and mix soup. (Basically prepare it as if you were to heat it up to eat) If you don't have cream of mushroom soup you can use just plain water (pour enough so that the roast is nearly covered). I've done it that way before and it turns out well, but I saw a recipe online calling for the cream of mush. soup and ever since I've tried it I always use it-- it makes it so much more juicy & yummy.

Step 2: Chop onion, potatoes, and carrots and add to soup.
Other veggies are optional but the onion is a must. It really adds a lot of flavor.

Step 4: Place your roast in the soup mixture.

Step 5: Cook in Crock-Pot on low for approx. 6-8 hours
. I just set mine in the morning before I leave for work, and return about 8 1/2 hours later to a house that smells amazing :) I usually turn it to "warm" until we're ready to eat it!


I love crock-pot stuff like this because I can throw it in in the morning and it's all ready when I get home. This works out well for us on the days that Brew is working late, because he doesn't have to reheat it-- I just leave it on "warm" til he gets home. I usually fix mashed potatoes & green beans to go with it! The soupy mix that the roast has cooked in makes good gravy too!

No comments: