However, other than chicken and roast, I haven't cooked a whole lot in it. So during my browsing I came across this recipe for Slow Cooker Taco Soup. I tweaked it a bit, for our taste (we aren't huge bean fans), and it turned out completely AWESOME. Definitely will be fixing it again soon!
Here's MY take on the recipe!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, with liquid
- 1 (16 ounce) can seasoned black beans, with liquid
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
Step 2- Chop your onion.
Step 3- Add cooked beef, onion, canned corn, tomatoes, peppers, beans, and tomato sauce to your slow cooker. DO NOT drain liquid off first, just dump it all in there!
Step 4- Add packet of taco seasoning and 2 cups of water and stir to mix.
Step 5- Cook on "low" for about 8 hours.
Serve with shredded cheese and sour cream. I also crumbled up tortilla chips in it. :)
|This isn't my photo- it came from the original website. Looks yummy though, right? :)|