It seems like just yesterday I first held that 7lb 9oz baby boy in my arms-- and now he's two years old!
- Height/Weight- 32 inches; 26lbs
- Clothing Size- 18-24mo & 2T (depending on the brand) and he's in size 5 shoes
- Potty Training? No not yet, we have introduced the potty but he's not overly interested so we aren't pushing it. He's still in diapers (size 4)
- Milestones- He is meeting and exceeding ALL 2 year milestones. He is walking, running, climbing stairs, using proper pencil/utensil grasp (though still switching between left and right hands), talking in sentences, getting into pretend play. He knows several colors & shapes and all body parts. He has 14 teeth, one on its way in, and then after that 5 more to go!
- Sleep- He takes one 2-3 hour nap a day (usually from noonish to 3ish). He goes to bed between 8 and 9. He still doesn't sleep completely through the night. He usually wakes once sometime between 11 and 1 and comes into our bed to sleep the rest of the night. He wakes up around 7.
- Favorite Toys- cars, trains, and tractors (pretty much anything with wheels!) He also loves to play outside, and "pretend play" especially with the play kitchen at church.
- Favorite Foods- any fruit, green beans, hot dogs, macaroni & cheese, chicken nuggets, goldfish, pretzels, applesauce pouches
- Favorite TV show- Sesame Street and Mickey Mouse
- Yes, we are still breastfeeding- Never in a million years did I think I would still be nursing at this point but it's happening lol. I only let him nurse before bed and then once at night when he wakes up and occasionally before naptime (that's only when he's with me at naptime so really only 2-3 times a week does that happen). So most days it's only twice. I will do a whole separate post on this later though- with how the weaning process is going and our plans...
- Comfort items- He still uses a pacifier, but now that he's two we are limiting its use to naptime and bedtime. Or in case of an emergency (aka the rare complete total public toddler meltdown). He also has his little monkey (Kiki as he calls it) that he loves and must have to sleep or when he's upset. No restrictions on Mr. Monkey though, he can have him as much as he needs :)
I think that's about all on my little guy. Overall his personality is just ornery and loving. He is the BIGGEST cuddler and gives the most awesome hugs and kisses :) He is sooo much fun at this age (though toddlerhood DOES have it's moments!) He has just been the biggest blessing in our lives and we are so happy to have him as our little boy!
Here is Jackson's 2 year update video and also a "day in the life" from today!