Sunday, March 6, 2011

Well that didn't take long....

So I already made some changes to the menu! lol. Mostly because not only did we eat out at Olive Garden with my parents after church, but I went to a bridal show w/Abby this afternoon and of course had tons of free samples of goodies. So I'm not hungry in the least at 6:30. Tonight will def. be a leftover night :)

Here's the "revised" menu for the week

Sunday- leftovers
Monday- garlic deer steak with peppers, mushrooms, onions ; green beans ; mashed potatoes
Tuesday- chili, pb sandwiches
Wednesday- lenten dinner at our church (hey, free food!)
Thursday- steak stir fry w/rice noodles (using the rest of the package of deer steaks from Monday)
Friday- lemon pork chops, mashed potatoes, mixed veggies
Saturday- bbq chicken, broccoli, mac & cheese


I'm also planning on making enough extra chili and bbq chicken that I can freeze for later! :) I also am working on next week's menu. Here's what I have so far...

Sunday- chicken, stuffing, green beans
Monday- tacos, mexican rice
Tuesday- ??
Wednesday- lenten dinner at church?
Thursday- ??
Friday- bbq chicken sandwiches (from leftover bbq last week)
Saturday- leftovers or order pizza

I'm going to make myself find some brand new recipes for Tues & Wednesday :) Any suggestions I'm more than willing to try!!! My hubby and I aren't very picky eaters, so almost anything goes, keeping in mind I'm no chef, and I like to cook things that are fairly easy to prepare for days when I'm working!

I'm also interested in trying fish. I'm not a big fish-eater but I know it's healthy and such. About the only fish I can stand is like long john silver's (which I know isn't exactly healthy by the time it's battered and fried lol) and I like FRESH fish, as in, the walleye that my dad caught in Lake Erie. I can't STAND salmon and really strong fishy tasting fish (including tuna). But I'm open to trying some fish dishes- any suggestions there???

Hooookay- I guess that's all for now! :)

No comments: