Saturday, March 5, 2011

Persuit of domesticated-ness

Ok so I've decided to amp up my cooking/shopping skills. What I mean by that is since we've been married I've been shopping for convenience rather than frugally and I've played it safe with my cooking. I've only cooked things I already know he to make. No new recipes or anything.

So I'm starting to plan out meals, check out ads and coupons, and try new recipes. I might even experiment a little. :) The main reason for this endeavor is to see if I can save some money. Eventually I'd also like to really focus on nutrition as well.

With what we're looking into our future in the next year or so with baby making and house shopping I figure we could use all the extra cash we can get.

So I will be starting this journey tomorrow (Sunday). Here's our meal plan so far this week.:
Sunday- garlic deer steak with peppers, mushrooms, onions ; green beans ; mashed potatoes
Monday- chili, pb sandwiches
Tuesday- steak stir fry & rice noodles
Wednesday- chicken alfredo, salad
Thursday- lemon pork chops, mashed potatoes, mixed veggies
Friday- bbq chicken, broccoli, mac & cheese
Saturday- leftovers

Of course its subject to change!

No comments: