Thursday, March 10, 2011

Note to readers & other stuff

Hey if there's anyone out there who reads my blog that's not already a follower, please follow me, or give me the link to your blog so I can return the favor :)

In other news... this morning is not getting off to a good start. I only am scheduled for a half day this afternoon at Franklin. So I was thinking yay I can sleep in! Well sort of. I still got up at 6:30 to let Duke out, made Brew's lunch real quick, then went back to bed. Well then Brew gets up and seemingly cannot get dressed without turning the overhead light on. (Even though when I am leaving before him, I seem to do just fine with the closet and/or the hall light on). Then when he left, Duke decided it was time for me to be up so he kept hopping on the bed bringing me his toys, digging under the covers, stepping on me, and otherwise being annoying. The annoying-ness has continued throughout the morning as well, since he can't seem to stay out of things he's not supposed to be in. So, sleeping in was out of the question. I gave up at 7:45. Which was also when the phone rang for a sub job I had to turn down because I wasn't going to have enough time to get there on time anyway, plus I only had 15min in between jobs and it takes about 20min to get to my afternoon job. It's also STILL raining out, which it's been doing non-stop for like 3 days now, and worse, the rain is supposed to turn to SNOW. Ugh. I'm soooo over winter, and ready for Spring & Summer!

Whew ok I'm done whining :)

Lent officially started yesterday. Some years I give something up, some years I don't. This year I'm *sort of* giving up caffeine. I say sort of because I'm basically cutting wayyy back. No coffee at all unless it's decaf, and I'm limiting myself to one glass of caffeinated tea a day or less (this basically covers me if I'm eating out-- I'll be making decaf tea at home). My main reason is because I read that consuming more than 200mg of caffeine a day (that's about 1 cup of coffee) can up your chances of miscarriage. Granted I'm not pregnant now, but since hubby & I are just "letting it be" now so to speak (aka- no bc at all, but not charting and all that), I've started taking prenatal vitamins, and I don't drink any alcohol at all (well, except if I'm on my period-- lol then I know I'm not pregnant, so I get my 5 days to enjoy a glass of wine if I want) So I thought cutting back on caffeine would be a good idea. I don't drink an insane amount but I have a cup of coffee (doctored of course) I'd say 3-4 days a week, and I drink iced tea like it's going out of style, and I'll occasionally have a can of pop. So I'm officially starting that today since I didn't think of it until yesterday ;)

Alright, enough boredom for now, I'd better get in the shower & get ready for work!

No comments: