Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Devotions

So I've been thinking lately... when Brew & I did our pre-marital counseling, our pastor talked about the importance of studying the bible together. Well life's been busy for us so we haven't made time for this. However, I would like to start. The problem is that I'm not sure where to start.

I'd like to find a devotional book or something, preferably something for couples, that will have relevant things to our relationship. I've thought about getting "The Love Dare" devotional. Have any of you read it? I saw the movie Fireproof and I will be totally honest- I thought it was perhaps one of the cheesiest, corniest movies EVER. [I'm not saying I disagree w/it because honestly I thought the message they were trying to get across was a good one but just the acting in general I thought was cheesy.] But I'm interested in the Love Dare devotionals because I think they might have some good stuff for newly married couples. Although I wouldn't say we are a "struggling" couple, I mean is it more for couples that are having problems [not that we don't have our share of arguments and such but I'd like to think our relationship is pretty solid now].... Just wondering what you all thought, or if you had something else to recommend.

So my long-term is going well so far, I am working this week on getting my schedule done and figuring out my plans for the first week. I'm excited to be working w/gifted kids :) I was in the gifted program as a kid [ok, stop laughing, it's not THAT hard to believe right? Well, maybe so, but I was considered "gifted" lol] so I am looking forward to it :) I start actually teaching next week. It's nice because I have sooo much freedom, I can pretty much do whatever I want with them. (There is no SET curriculum for gifted since it's all enrichment and such). I'm not sure what to do w/all this freedom :) My mind is flooding itself w/all sorts of fun and creative things for them to do. It's going to be so much fun!

In other news, can't believe that January is almost over! That means February is here and THAT means that our Europe trip is fast approaching! I don't know if I posted when we are actually going-- we're going from Feb 20-28. I'm excited to see Stefani & Bas and of course little Johannah! Not to mention I've never been to Europe before so that'll be fun!

So tomorrow will be mine & Brew's 7 month wedding anniversary! I feel like it's flown by! It doesn't seem like our wedding was 7 months ago. But on the other hand, it feels like I've been with him forever. It's strange really. I'm sure it'll be the same during our 50th anniversary ;)

Well that's all I've got for now! If anyone else reads this that's not already following me- please do! I am kind of curious if more than 3 people actually visit our blog ;)

No comments: