Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Feeling much better

Since my last post was incredibly whiny, I thought I'd write again to let you know that I'm doing much better!  I went last Saturday morning to Quick Care and got an antibiotic and after one day I noticed the improvement.  Now I've still got 5 more days of it to take but I'd say the infection is about 80% gone.  Still a bit sniffly (NOTHING like before though), and I have a lingering cough but other than that I'm back to normal (well, as normal as I ever was!)  I even cooked dinner and was motivated enough to do some much-needed cleaning this evening after babysitting.  Which is the first time that's happened since I got sick.  For dinners either Brew cooked, we had a frozen/quick meal, or fast food (ick).  But I'm hoping now that I'm feeling better to get caught up on housework.  Seriously I'd be sooo embarassed if anyone saw my house right now.  It's bad.  lol.

I'm off on Friday so that's going to be my major cleaning day.





So I don't know if it's because we're trying for a baby now or what but I've really got the itch to get our own house.  Right now, we live in my grandparents old house (my dad, aunt, and uncle own it now), basically rent-free (we pay insurance, property taxes, and utilities).  And it's a decent house (granted some things I don't like-- like the ONE dinky bathroom, hellaciously steep stairs, laundry room down the hellaciously steep stairs, next to no closet/storage space, leaky basement.... etc....)  But, there's so many things I'd like to do to the house-- put in a dishwasher for one, fix the gutters outside, regravel the driveway, and even more.  It's not like I'm not allowed to do those things, but I have a hard time forking over our money to make improvements to the house when it's not ours and we won't be able to benefit from the added value to the house.   So we're kind of stuck here.

I've been checking real estate listings DAILY.  We are ok with a "starter" house, but it has to be something we are ok with staying in if times get tough and we can't afford to move later.  I also want to be in a good school district in case we don't get moved by the time our oldest kid starts school.  If we do move after that (which it'd be farther in the country with more land probably) I want to keep it in that same area.  My biggest fear as a kid was changing schools and having to make all new friends.  I don't want to do that to my kids.  So my hard-core house hunting has begun.  Pray for us though, it's not going to be easy to find what we need/want within our teeny budget.



Ok this post is kind of all over the place!  lol, sorry about that! :)  Until later!

No comments: