Friday, July 15, 2011

Bummed...

So this is going to be one of those posts where all I do is whine.  Feel free to skip over this if you want!

So most of you that read this blog know that Brew & I have been trying for a baby.  I've been off ALL types of BC since my March cycle, and we've been really trying to get pregnant since April.  I just got my lovely monthly visitor this morning.  :(  I had really been hoping that the third time was a charm-- but it wasn't.

Of course it doesn't help anything that two friends on FB have recently found out that they are expecting--when they weren't even planning!!!  One of which wasn't even married.  It's so annoying when people that aren't trying or really even ready to have a baby are having babies and then we have been married a year and are trying and ready and nothing's happening.  And several other FB friends have announced they are expecting as well (though they are married and on baby #2, so I don't feel too badly about it).  I think when you're trying to conceive you notice EVERY pregnant woman or baby within a 50 mile radius.

59% of couples get pregnant within the first three months of ttc.  I'm already in the minority and of COURSE my brain is formulating worst case scenarios and constantly wondering if something is wrong.  I've always had pretty normal and regular cycles (except when I was on progestin-only birth control pills).  But I even started taking my temp first thing in the mornings the last couple cycles just to make sure that I was ovulating (I am).  And our timing has been good but still nothing.  Ugh.

I guess I'm looking for reassurance here...but at the same time I'm sick of hearing "It'll happen when it's meant to happen" or other annoying phrases.  Mostly I just don't have anyone to whine to about it so that's why I'm doing it here LOL.  My couple friends that know are in different places in their lives and don't quite understand, and as much as I want to talk to my mom about it, I still kind of don't want her to know because I want her to be surprised since this is her first grandkid.  Sigh.

I wish I had my husbands patience.  He's always saying how "it'll be our time soon" and "we'll keep trying" and though he's definitely ready for a little one, he doesn't get too set back when it's not happening.

Please keep us in your prayers!  I'll be doing a lot more of that this time!

1 comment:

AEToms said...

I kind of understand what you're going through Melissa. Adam and I aren't trying yet, but we are both ready and baby crazy. However every time we think about really trying, life kind of ruins the plans. I have friends getting pregnant and people are costantly asking when we are going to have kids. We were thinking this fall if we were staying put in CA, but now that we are moving, we should wait until we are settled. And feel like I owe it to my new school to not go on maternity leave until next school year. I secretly hope each month that a surprise will happen and we will just have to work things out. My prayer for you is that God will answer your prayers with a "yes" very very soon.