Sunday, November 14, 2010

Simple Life...

Hey everyone! Let me get to my Thankful list first thing!

12- I'm thankful for music. I enjoy lots of different types of music, and I love to sing. It's just always been such a big part of my life. My dad plays pretty much anything w/strings, as did my grandpa, and as do my brothers, uncles, etc. So family gatherings almost ALWAYS involve some guitar-playing and singing. I was involved in all sorts of choirs and things growing up. I've never been a solo artist so to speak, but I have always enjoyed singing and making music!

13- I'm thankful for clogging and more specifically Class Act (the team I dance with). I started taking clogging lessons when I was a week shy of 10 years old. I loved it from the very first day. I love learning new things, challenging myself, performing for others, and of course all the friendships I've made from clogging w/Class Act. So thankful for all of them!


14- I'm thankful for my husband's job (as well as mine, mentioned earlier) and the fact that it puts food on our table and pays our bills. We don't always have a lot of extra stuff but we have what we need!



On another note I think I'm going to join the bandwagon with

The Simple Woman's Daybook
.

I'm trying to figure this out here, so we'll see how it goes. Saw this on Trinity's blog so hopefully you can tell me if I'm linking this appropriately!

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... it's dark, and has been since 6! (Still getting used to no Daylight Savings time!

I am thinking...about Christmas shopping, about my appt with the hematologist tomorrow (finding out results of bloodwork)

I am thankful for... my awesome husband, family, friends, etc. Go read my thankful posts, I'm working on a list! :)

From the learning rooms...(if this applies) huh? this must not apply to me LOL

From the kitchen... Domino's cooked tonight. Hubby & I neither one felt like it. Not to mention there's a sink full of dirty dishes as we speak (er, type)

I am wearing... sweats. I was dressed nice for church, but as soon as I got home I got comfy!

I am creating... nothing at the moment. I have two unfinished scrapbooks waiting for me, when I get a minute to work on them.

I am going... crazy? Haha kidding. Life is moving at a good pace right now :) I'm trying not to get in a hurry about things :)

I am reading... I'm in between books right now. Just finished the Nanny Diaries. Looking for another good one to read next...

I am hoping... that all is normal w/my bloodwork & I won't have to worry about dealing w/any blood clotting issues when I get pregnant.

I am hearing... the tv. My husband is watching his "dweeb show" as I call it. Battlestar Galactica... or is it Battleship? Who knows.

Around the house... it's kind of a mess. End tables and kitchen table has stuff piled on it. Bathroom could use cleaning, spare room (where I am now) still contains unpacked boxes, my bedroom has clothes in a basket that need hung up, and the 3rd bedroom we never use needs cleaned out, old furniture given away, and repainted...

One of my favorite things...is when I leave for work a few minutes after my hubby and he has scraped the ice off my windshields because he knows how much I HATE doing that! <3 (He did that for me twice last week!) A few plans for the rest of the week: Tomorrow Drs appt and starting christmas shopping. Tuesday I'm working at Lubeck. That's the only day I have scheduled so far so we'll see!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

My little brother went w/Brew & I to the WVU game yesterday. :) It was his first time going to a Mountaineer game & he had a blast! (I was also even more grateful that he got to be there for a WIN!)



Alright all, I'm thinking bedtime is in the very near future... see ya soon!

2 comments:

Stefani said...

Awww how nice of Brew to scrape off your windshield! :)

Melissa said...

yea he gets bonus points for that ;)