Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Food Favorite

So I haven't done one of these recipe posts in a while... mostly because I haven't really made anything new.  But I have one that's not new to me but it might be to you!  I actually made up this recipe when I was in my high school la clase de Espanol (lol-- Spanish class) and this is the first time I made it for the two of us.  So here it is, my recipe for ...


Chicken Quesadillas (makes 2)

You'll need-
taco-size soft flour tortillas
mexican blend cheese
salsa
1 med-large boneless skinless chicken breast


Step 1- Put chicken breast in a non-stick skillet and cover with salsa.  (For tastier/jucier chicken- marinate in salsa the night before and then just dump chicken with salsa in pan)  Cook until chicken is done.

Step 2- Grease another non stick skillet with cooking spray (like Pam)

Step 3- Layer a flour tortilla, the cooked chicken and salsa, shredded cheese, and top with the second tortilla.


Step 4- Cook quesadilla on low heat for approx. 5 minutes (or until desired done-ness); carefully flip and cook an additional 5 minutes.

Step 5- Transfer quesadilla to plate, and use a pizza cutter to cut it into quarters.  Repeat for the second one!


Here's the finished product!  (I served it with sour cream and mexican rice)






1 comment:

Unknown said...

YUMMY!!! I love me some chicken quesadilla.