Tuesday, June 28, 2011

One Year

On Sunday (the 26th)  Brew & I celebrated our first anniversary!
 


It's crazy how fast time has gone.  It doesn't seem like it's been a whole year, but at the same time, it's almost hard for me to remember life without Brew!

I'm soooo blessed to be married to my best friend.  He's everything I could ever want or need, and I'm so glad I get to spend forever with him.

And actually, the year-old cake wasn't bad at all (the looks on our faces are BEFORE we tasted any lol)  My mom did a good job freezing it!



To celebrate our anniversary, and to take a vacation together, we went on a camping trip to Babcock State Park.  We left on Thursday evening (the 23rd) and came back on Sunday the 26th, our actual anniversary.

We had a lot of fun, we brought Duke along-- he's definitely a camping dog, that's for sure!  We visited the New River Gorge Bridge, and the Glade Creek Grist Mill, hiked a few trails, and just enjoyed getting away & being together!


Duke loved playing in the water
And the car rides!
Us at the base of the New River Gorge Bridge
And us at the Glade Creek Grist Mill (this is the mill featured in a LOT of pics of WV and Appalachia)

Duke and I during a hike

Sitting by the campfire

After conquering a difficult trail!

Duke LOVED the trail hikes too!

I'm working on getting a video up I'm making for Brew, a slideshow of pics for our first anniversary.  I also have yet to upload my May update to youtube.  It's finished I just haven't been on my desktop computer pretty much since I got this laptop LOL.  But I hope to have them up soon!

2 comments:

Ashley Spillane said...

Happy Anniversary! Tim & I love camping its such a nice relaxing time together! Hope you had fun!

Melissa said...

Thank you! We had a great time :)