Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Obedience school dropout...

...at least I hope not!!!

Tonight is Duke's first obedience class.  We'll be leaving in about an hour and 15 minutes.  I want to get there plenty early to walk around w/him and hopefully get him calmed down a bit from the car ride.

So far since I got home he's been unusually calm.  (Thank you, God-- He must be already answering my prayers!)  The reason I'm nervous is because, though Duke is the sweetest dog you could ever meet, he'd never hurt a flea...  he gets sooooo spastic/excited around other dogs.  He just wants to run around crazy with them and play (like he does with my brother's dog Gibson.  Thankfully Gibson loves it just as much.)  But I know not all dogs appreciate it.  He also gets excited around new people and thinks that the proper way to greet new people is by jumping up on them (which can hurt) and incessantly licking them (which not all appreciate).  Those are the reasons why he's in obedience to start with.  I just hope he's not so spastic/badly behaved that he gets kicked out.  Or that he embarasses me and everyone glares at me like I'm the dog owner who can't control their dog.  This has happened.  Numerous times.   Like, every time I've taken him to the vet where there's other new people & dogs around.

Please Lord, give me patience, and give Duke some self-control, and help him  us get through this class in once piece- and with our pride intact.

Thankfully, Brew should be getting off work on time and meeting us there.  I want him to be there for the first class to help control my hyperactive mutt ;)

I'll let you  know how it goes...

No comments: