Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day Weekend

So we had a great weekend-- Saturday we (including Duke!) slept in till around 9, then we spent the day getting things ready for our upcoming camping trip (more on that later...) We are borrowing my inlaws' camper and my parents' truck.  So we bought a trailer brake controller for the truck, and Brew & my dad installed it, then we went out and got the camper to make sure that the truck would pull it with no problem (verdict is-- no problems!)  It ended up taking pretty much the whole day. 

Then Sunday was Father's Day!  We went to church as usual (we go to the same church as my family), and then went out to lunch with my parents and brother. (Brother #2 and wife were with her fam)  Dad's choice- Super China Buffet, which was really good considering I hadn't had Chinese in a long time!  Then we came home & hung out with Duke for a while, then back out in the evening to my inlaws.  It was also my sis-in-law Mandy's birthday so we celebrated that as well! 

I'm seriously super-blessed to have an awesome Dad.  :)  He's always been there for me no matter what I need/needed.  Love you, Dad!
Dad w/me when I was a baby :)

 And Dad & me at my wedding :)
I never thought that I looked much like either of my parents... but if you look at the pic of my Dad with baby me, and then look at the pic of me on my wedding day (we were the same age)-- I can definitely see the resemblance!


Not only am I blessed to have a wonderful dad, I also have a wonderful father-in-law, Randy.  He's seriously the best. :)  He's treated me like his own daughter from day one!  Love him!
Haha this is a goofy pic of him from my wedding-- he's wearing the flower girl headband ;)


The only not-so-great thing about this weekend is that last night my parents-in-law got flooded bad.  They live near a creek, and they get flash flooding.  Basically within 3 hours the water came out of the banks, had 4ft in their basement, and then back in the banks.  Thankfully they have flood insurance but boy it's a mess.  We're going out tonight to help and Brew is taking tomorrow off to help with cleanup as well.  Thankfully we had the camper out Saturday cause we parked it back in front of the house (out of the water) cause if not, it would've been  lost!


Oh and today is WV Day (aka- West Virginia's Birthday!)  So here's a pic of our beautiful hills, taken at Spruce Knob (WV's highest point) during our honeymoon!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your baby picture is super adorable I love it!

Melissa said...

Thanks Trinity ;) Personally I'm a fan of my dad's 80s hair & glasses lol.