Friday, June 10, 2011

Food Fave!

No pics this time... I know, I know...

Parmesean Garlic Whole Wheat Penne with Chicken & Broccoli


You need:
1 Jar of Ragu brand Roasted Garlic & Parmesan sauce
1 Box of whole wheat penne pasta
1 large chicken breast (or two- however much you want :))
1/2 bag of frozen broccoli
1 tbsp olive oil

Step 1:  Pour olive oil into bottom of small skillet, and cook chicken breast throughoughly


Step 2:  Prepare penne pasta according to package directions.


Step 3:  Cut chicken breast into bite size pieces


Step 4:  Steam broccoli (I do this in the microwave)

Step 5:  Put it all together!  After draining pasta, add the jar of sauce, the chicken pieces, and broccoli.  Mix well, garnish with extra parmesan cheese (if desired) and serve!


I love cooking pasta dishes because 1- I'm a carb-o-holic, 2- they are super easy & quick, and 3-they reheat well to make yummy leftovers!

Granted the sauce isn't the healthiest, BUT I did use whole wheat/grain pasta and to be honest it is just as good as regular pasta but BETTER for you!  :)  First time I used whole wheat pasta, my hubby didn't even notice!  (And he has a sixth sense for sniffing out anything potentially related to a health food lol)

And I suppose if you wanted, you could make your own sauce-- but if you can do that then I'm doubting you'll want any of my recipes!  I cook because I have to, I don't really enjoy it, and it's NOT my hobby.  So anything that's quick, easy, and healthy is something I'd be interested in trying.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds yummy! My hubby hates health food too.