Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Summer Bucket List!

I got this from Jess at Here Comes the Sun, and decided to join her!


Here Comes The Sun

So things I want to accomplish this summer (in no order)...

{Serious Scrapbooking!}  
I desparately need to finish my brother & sister in law's wedding scrapbook.  I'm ashamed to admit that it was supposed to be a wedding present for them (they got married last August) and I have done very little on it since August.  Also, I never finished my scrapbook from the trip to Thailand we took.  In January 2010.  Yeah.  I'm so behind...

{Make a baby}Sounds simple enough right?  LOL  but yeah we are still trying, and hopefully it happens for us this summer.  :)  And also I'm hoping to still have fun trying as well ;)

{Clean, clean, clean}
I need to clean out the third bedroom we have which will also hopefully be a future nursery.  I need to take things to the dump, goodwill, my parents house, my uncle's new house, and find homes for the few things of mine I'm storing in there.  It also needs CLEANED since it was the one room that we didn't bother with when we moved in.  I'd like to prime the walls/ceiling as well to get ready to paint it when we actually turn it into a room ;)

{Obedience School}
My dog is starting obedience classes this summer.  I am hoping they go well!  He's a good hearted dog but needs to learn some manners :)  I'm just hoping they don't kick him out for being excitable and otherwise annoying LOL.
{Celebrating our first anniversary}
We are going camping for a nice weekend getaway, just me, Brew, and Duke.  Here's hoping for a wonderful weekend with good weather and lots of quality time together.

{Read a ton}
I have several books I'd like to read this summer.  I don't have a whole lot of time when I'm working so it takes me forever to get through a book.  I'd like to read at least 5 or 6 this summer.

{Save some dough}
I'm going to try and stash away all that I am making this summer babysitting (which is about $340/wk) in savings.  I'll keep just a little out in cash for fun stuff like date nights and things.  But we have sooooo much we need to save for... house/land purchase hopefully soon, maternity leave for me when we get pregnant-- I'm a sub so I don't get paid time off, and either car repair or a new car-- we're having issues with our Malibu.  Right now my hubby is working enough overtime that theoretically we should be ok living off of his income for a while.  So that's a big goal of ours this summer.  I should be able to save at least $1800 this summer.

{Find time to exercise}
That is other than walking my dog, and the couple hours a week I spend clogging.  Even if it's just some Wii Fit or bike rides or something.  
{Try at least two new recipes a month}
That's a lofty goal for me because I like sticking to tried and true things that I know how to fix.  But I know I need to get out there a little more and try new things.  Worse case scenario, Papa John's and Domino's deliver ;)


That's all I can think of at the moment... I'll let you know if I have any more later!

No comments: