Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A little overwhelmed

So as the title says, I'm a little overwhelmed! My house is a WRECK. No exaggeration. I'm leaving the country in 3 days. Eeeeeek!

I went ahead and took tomorrow and Friday off so I can hopefully get my house cleaned and laundry done and packed! My friend Nicole and her sister are going to watch Duke while we're in Germany visiting Stefani, Bas, and the new little baby! I'm excited!!! I'm also a little sad to leave my puppy. Yes. I know he's "just a dog" but I feel like I'm leaving my kid behind! I can't imagine how I'm going to be when I actually have a child. Lol. He'll be in good hands. But I'll miss the little booger.

So yeah. I need a dishwasher. I think I'd do just about anything to get one. I literally have NO pots clean. And my sink is heaping, the counter is full of dirty dishes! I know the obvious answer to my problem is to maintain it by washing dishes every night. But ya know what? I've been working at least 4 days a week as of late. I come home, take care of my dog, catch up on facebook/blogger/youtube (IF I have time), then start cooking dinner. After dinner if I don't have anywhere I have to be, I usually do some laundry that we need done or if Brew is home try to spend some time with him cause he's been working long hours lately. So dishes is the LAST thing I feel like doing. So I skip it until it keeps piling up and I HAVE to do dishes because we are like we are this evening and have NOTHING. So we ate Taco Bell. LOL. But seriously if you have a dishwasher then you are soooooo lucky. Enjoy being able to throw dishes in there after dinner, starting it, and then enjoy your evening doing something besides standing at the sink up to your elbows in soapy water. I do wish hubby would help a little more with daily chores. But like I said he's been working til late most nights, and I can't blame him if he doesn't feel like doing it either.

I'm vowing to be super productive the next two days. I'd rather not be packing everything at the last second.


Anyway, I'll leave you with the 30 day photo challenge and wee bit wednesdays!


14. A picture of something you couldn't imagine your life without.



My wonderful husband. (So I know he's a person and not a thing, but I couldn't imagine my life without him!)






{one} what is your favorite breakfast food?
French toast
and I love biscuits and gravy :)


{two} how many pairs of shoes do you currently own?
mmm not very many actually. I've had to get rid of a few lately that've plain worn out or have become victim to my dog's mouth. I despise shoe shopping though.

{three} city or country?
country.
definitely NOT a city girl lol.

{four} what is your favorite part of your job?
my kids :)
being in long-terms and working at the same few schools is the best because I get to know the kids.

{five} what is your favorite junk food to snack on?
for snack foods I like really buttery bad-for-you popcorn.
oooh and Mr. Bee's chips with Broughton's Chip Dip.
And for sweet things just about anything chocolate.
And ice cream.
Yes, I love junk food ;)

{six} have you ever been mentioned in the newspaper?
yes. honor roll in school, for a few clogging things, and also when my high school choirs won their competitions.

{seven} do you use post-it notes?
occasionally. I would use them often if I had a job in one place lol.

{eight} do you have freckles?
yes. and red hair. that means I turn into a lobster in the sun.

{nine} is it okay for men to wear pink?
sure why not?

{ten} when was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper?
my ex-boyfriend when we were in college. we did that occasionally cause it was sometimes nicer than emails. He went to a school 3 hrs away.



No comments: