Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Slow-Cooker Taco Soup!

So I tried a new recipe a few weeks back.  I was searching AllRecipes.com  (awesome site by the way) for some slow-cooker recipes.  I absolutely LOVE my crock pot.  I love just throwing everything in in the morning then coming home to dinner being done already.  Not to mention it's particularly nice in the colder months of Fall & Winter.

However, other than chicken and roast, I haven't cooked a whole lot in it.  So during my browsing I came across this recipe for Slow Cooker Taco Soup.  I tweaked it a bit, for our taste (we aren't huge bean fans), and it turned out completely AWESOME.  Definitely will be fixing it again soon!

Here's MY take on the recipe!

You'll need:
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, with liquid
  • 1 (16 ounce) can seasoned black beans, with liquid
  • 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
  • 2 cups water
  • 2 (14.5 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes
  • 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers
  • 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
Step 1- Brown your ground beef (you could also use ground turkey).  I did this the night before, stuck it in the fridge, then just dumped it in in the morning.

Step 2- Chop your onion.

Step 3- Add cooked beef, onion, canned corn, tomatoes, peppers, beans, and tomato sauce to your slow cooker.  DO NOT drain liquid off first, just dump it all in there!

Step 4- Add packet of taco seasoning and 2 cups of water and stir to mix.

Step 5- Cook on "low" for about 8 hours.

Serve with shredded cheese and sour cream.  I also crumbled up tortilla chips in it. :)

This isn't my photo- it came from the original website.  Looks yummy though, right? :)

No comments: