Sunday, December 1, 2013

Back to reality...

Well, tomorrow I have to go back to work after having a wonderful week off for Thanksgiving Break.  (Here in WV it is twofold because it is also the first week of deer season!)  It's weeks off like this that make me long to be a stay at home mom.  I truly enjoy spending every day with my little man-- not to mention I actually have the time to clean/do laundry without getting behind.  My house is clean for once now! lol.  But I HAVE to work, at least for now, so- I try not to dwell on it too much.

 I've also enjoyed having Brew home these last few days (He was off Thursday and Friday).  We have had a nice, low-key long weekend.  Thursday of course was our Thanksgiving festivities.  We enjoyed TWO huge dinners- one at Brew's aunt's and the other at my parents'.  Nothing beats spending time with family and eating lots of food!
Little man in his turkey onesie!

Friday I didn't get to embark on any black Friday shopping because we didn't have any room in our budget for it.  Brew went out to his parents' house early to start hunting, Jackson and I joined him later after lunch and spent the rest of the day there.  Brew shot once but missed so no deer for that day! 

Saturday we actually slept in for once (sort of).  Jackson woke up at 4am ready for the day (yikes) and wouldn't nurse back to sleep so I put him back in his crib and low and behold he went to sleep and slept until 8:45!  We had breakfast and Brew went back out to his parents' for try #2 at hunting,  Jackson's naps were pushed back a couple hours but he still took two good ones so it all worked out.  We had an afternoon visit from a friend and then had dinner after Brew got home (this time he was successful at getting a deer- a little one though!)
We stayed in our PJs for most of the day!

And then today, we had our usual church & lunch with my family-- then Brew took Jackson home for his afternoon nap and I went to clogging practice.  And then this evening we headed BACK out to my inlaws so that Brew could process the deer and we enjoyed a supper of FRESH fried deer tenderloin.  Yummy! 
Asleep on Daddy in church

With Daddy and his deer

Grinning at Pap
Now little man is in bed and I'm seriously thinking of following suit very soon!  I need to get to school early tomorrow because I don't have my plans finished (oops). 

November and December are my new favorite months.  I just love the holiday time of year.  Starting in November with Jackson's birthday, then Thanksgiving and finally Christmas!  Next Saturday we are planning on getting and putting up our Christmas tree.  So excited!

Hope everyone had a great weekend and that Monday is kind!

No comments: