Friday, November 29, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hey everyone!  Happy (belated) Thanksgiving!!!  It's technically Black Friday (and no, I didn't shop this year-- I'm just not as in to it now that it encroaches on Thanksgiving- not to mention we didn't have the funds this week!)

So Thanksgiving Day last year we were bringing our little Turkey home from the hospital!  Now this year I have a silly, sweet, energetic, happy 12 month old!




I didn't do the "30 days of Thankfulness" thing on Facebook but I thought I would make a list of 30 things today that I am thankful for!

  1. First and foremost, I'm thankful for my Lord & Savior Jesus Christ, who paid the ultimate price on the cross so that I can have eternal life!
  2. I'm thankful for my son Jackson!  He is most definitely a gift from God.  He has brought so much joy to our lives and our little family.  I love him more than I could ever say and I feel so blessed to be his mommy!
  3. I'm thankful for my loving, supportive, hardworking husband Brew.  He not only is a wonderful husband but he is my best friend and an amazing father!
  4. I'm thankful for my parents.  They raised me & my brothers in a loving, stable, Christian home.  I really appreciate them even more now that I am a parent myself. 
  5. Also I'm thankful that my mom is able to care for Jackson while I'm working.  I hate the fact that I have to work outside the home anyway, but it really gives me peace of mind knowing that Jackson is well cared for by someone he loves & I never have to worry about a thing.  I know that I would probably go insane if he had to be in daycare.  Not to mention-- she does it all for free! :)
  6. I'm thankful for my parents in-law.  They have treated me like a daughter from day 1, and they are always helping us out in one way or another.
  7. I'm thankful for my brothers.  We fought a ton when we were growing up (especially my middle brother who I am closest in age to)  but now I'm close with both of them and it's good to know that no matter what your siblings have your back!
  8. Along those same lines I'm thankful for my two sisters in law, Brew's sister Mandy and my brother's wife Amanda.  I always wanted a sister growing up and never had one until I got married (and my brother got married just a couple months after).  They are two of my best friends!
  9. I'm thankful for my three beautiful nieces and handsome nephew!  I love that Jackson gets to grow up with lots of cousins all close to his age.
  10. I'm thankful for my husband's *new* job.  I think he's really enjoying it and he is able to bring home a little more money and there are opportunities for advancement.  
  11. I'm thankful for MY job.  Even though I wish I didn't have to work, I'm thankful that I am able to at least do something I enjoy.  Teaching little ones and even better getting to share the Gospel with them.
  12. I'm thankful for our extended family-- grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins-- on both sides of the family.  We are so blessed to be in such a loving family :)
  13. I'm thankful for our home.  Many people don't get the opportunity to buy their own home and we did.  It may not be my dream house but we can make it into that over time.  And in the meantime I'm happy to live in a nice house with enough space for us.
  14. I'm thankful to live in the USA.  Things are by no means perfect with the government and economy now but even still I'm so blessed to be able to live in the land of the free-- BECAUSE of the Brave!  
  15. This goes along with the previous- but I'm thankful for our troops who are fighting for our country and those who have fought before them.  Also their families-- I can't imagine how difficult it must be to have a loved one so far away for so long and with them being in constant danger.  They make so many sacrifices and some don't even have their loved one return home, so I'm thankful for them as well.
  16. I'm thankful for all my friends!  I'm fortunate to have a few close friends that I can share most everything with!
  17. I'm thankful for my church family.  I have grown up in my church, was baptized, confirmed, and married there, and Brew and Jackson were baptized there too.  I love being a part of a church that teaches the Gospel without compromise!
  18. I'm thankful for technology-- as annoying as it gets sometimes-- I'm thankful for social media, skype, my iphone, and email.  All of these things allow me to stay connected with friends/family far away (especially my cousins!  Hi Stef!)
  19. I'm thankful for my good health.  I'm fortunate to never of had any major health issues.  I'm also thankful for the health of my baby boy!!!
  20. I'm thankful that I got the opportunity to travel to a few other countries.  Brew & I were able to visit Thailand in 2010 for my cousin's wedding & then visit three countries in Europe in 2011 to go see those same cousins-- haha thanks Stefani ;)
  21. I'm thankful for photographs/videos.  Perfect ways to capture and save memories.
  22. I'm thankful for our vehicles.  They aren't perfect (and we are trying to sell one lol) but they get us where we need to be!
  23. I'm thankful for music
  24. I'm thankful I have more than enough food to eat
  25. I'm thankful we live in a good school district.  I won't have to worry about that or trying to send Jackson somewhere else when he starts public school.
  26. I'm thankful I had the opportunity to earn a college degree.
  27. I'm thankful for my dogs.  Yes I complain about them a ton.  Their hair everywhere, them getting into stuff, etc.  BUT I'm glad they are our little protectors and that Jackson has the opportunity to grow up with dogs to learn to care for and such.
  28. I'm thankful for the four seasons we get to experience here in WV.  
  29. I'm thankful for central heat, extra blankets, and hot chocolate!
  30. I'm thankful for our family doctor.  I knew that I wanted to take Jackson to him instead of a pediatrician.  He is a wonderful doctor and a nice, upstanding, Godly man.  Lucky to have him caring for my son (and us!)


I hope every one of you has a happy, safe, and blessed Thanksgiving.  Enjoy the day with your family & friends!


No comments: