Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11/01



It's hard to believe it's been ten years since the Terrorist Attacks of September 11, 2001.

I remember like it was yesterday.  I was sitting in my first block Honors History class my sophomore year of high school.  We had just turned the TV off (for our school's morning news broadcast) and were getting started on our work.  Another teacher came in the room, and told our teacher something.  She immediately went back and turned the TV on to the local news station.  It was shortly after the plane hit.  We were glued to the TV watching what we THOUGHT at first was a terrible accident- an accidental plane crash into the world trade center.  But then the second plane hit.  I still remember the shock/horror I felt when I realized it was no accident.

I always thought it was ironic that when the terrorists wanted to create fear and panic and disunity among us, instead we came together, stronger and more patriotic than before.

God Bless America!  And God bless all of our troops who have fought and are still fighting for our great nation! <3

No comments: