Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Last post of 2010!

At least I'm guessing it'll be the last post of 2010.

Christmas was wonderful! :) I had a whole thing described out here but blogger decided to randomly delete it... so, it was a great time spent w/family & my new husband! My hubby got me a Wii Fit & a digital picture frame!!! :) But yea, great Christmas! Not posting a bunch of pics here, but you can see them on my Facebook!





Looking back, here are some of my favorite parts of

* Mine & Brew's trip to Thailand for Stefani's wedding in January. It was a hellish plane trip but it was an awesome vacation & an awesome opportunity, it was soooo worth it & I was so glad that I had the chance to go & be with Stef on her big day!

* Wedding Planning! I got engaged last year on Christmas Day so the first half of 2010 I spent planning my wedding. It was only a little stressful at times, I have my mom to thank for most of that because she did a lot of worrying for me LOL. It of course turned out perfectly!

* My 24th Birthday, was on Easter this year, Brew's gift to me was taking me down to Charleston Mall to shop (I ended up buying books lol) and taking me to dinner. It was great, cause I got to "get away" and spent time w/him :)

* Having the opportunity to get the house we are living in! (Basically for next to nothing we can live here until we are able to get our own place!) Annnnd all the remodeling/sprucing up we did. It was a lot of hard and sometimes frustrating work, but I have that sense of pride that we made a filthy unkept house into a nice welcoming home :)

* Of course--- My wedding!!! As corny as it may sound it has definitely been the best day of my life so far. Everything turned out wonderfully and I got the best husband EVER, and he just so happened to have come with awesome parents who think of me as their own, a sister who has become one of my closest friends, and some adorable little nieces. :) I truly married my best friend and it's been wonderful!

* Our honeymoon! It may not've been a "dream vacation getaway" on some tropical island, but it was an awesome time we spent together. We got to experience some of the most beautiful parts of our state, and we stayed at the cutest bed & breakfast owned by some really nice people! I found out later that my grandparents, who married two days before 45 years before us (does that make sense? lol their wedding was 6-24-1955, ours was 6-26-2010) they spent their honeymoon in the same area. :)

* My brother's wedding, was only a couple months after ours, and he married one of my childhood best friends. It was really neat how it all worked out :) It's fun having someone who you grew up with now be your sister-in-law!

* Getting our puppy, Duke. He's rambunctious, and at times a handful, but he's exactly the type of dog I wanted. He's super sweet and loves everyone. :) He's been an awesome addition to our little family.

* Thanksgiving! I managaed to pull off hosting Brew's family get together here at our house. Thankfully his Aunt Laura prepared most of the food, but I was happy we got to have everyone out. Who knows, maybe it'll be a tradition...and maybe in a year or two I'll take over most of the cooking!

* My hubby's college graduation. It was a long time coming for him, he struggled through a couple years, mostly because his papaw had been paying his way and encouraging him passed away in 2008, and it was hard for him to have any motivation to go to class. He's not sure if he'll ever do anything in the criminal justice field, but I'm proud that he stuck it out and finished it and now has a college degree. :)

and lastly,

* Our first Christmas together, as described above, was perfect :)



I have lots to look forward to in 2011, look for a new post with the new year!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You definitely had TONS going on in 2010! Happy New Year!