Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Independence Day!

 

Happy 4th of July, everyone!  Our day has been pretty low-key so far, just been hanging out at home.  Brew is off work too so Jackson is loving having daddy home.  He has been particularly a "Daddy's boy" lately. ;)

I took Jackson outside and did a quick little photo shoot, I didn't get a ton of pics, he had a particularly short attention span when it came to being happy for the pictures today.  He was more interested in trying to pick grass and eat it lol!  But I got a few good ones (three favorites are in the collage above).  I'll do another post later with more and also some pics from our evening.

We are heading to my brother's house this evening for a little cookout and fireworks.  They live just a few blocks from the city park where our town puts on their, albeit kind of pathetic but still fireworks nonetheless, 4th of July show.  I'm hoping Jackson isn't scared of fireworks.  Lately he's been showing fear with some loud noises (like the vacuum or even me shaking out a new trashbag for the can) so we will see.  Who knows, he may even sleep through them since it'll be after his usual bedtime!  We also plan on snapping a few pictures of Jackson with his cousin Parker.  I'm really looking forward to seeing those two boys grow up together (they are 5mo. apart)

Hope everyone has a safe & happy 4th!  How are you celebrating this Independence Day?

No comments: