I can't believe Jackson is now closer to three than two! So much has changed for him in the past six (well, now more than six) months.
Here's the 411 on him now. These are the same bullet points I used in his 2 year update.
- Height/Weight- 34.25 inches (HE GREW OVER TWO INCHES THE PAST HALF YEAR!); 26lbs. He's in the 7th percentile for height and the 15th for weight.
- Clothing Size- 2T mostly, some 18-24mo, and size 5.5/6 shoes.
- Potty Training? Is going well so far. He now conisistantly goes #2 in the potty! (It's been over a month since I've changed a poopy diaper! Woo-hoo!) We are now working on peeing on the potty. He's making good progress. :) He wears diapers at night though (size 4), and he's wearing pull ups for naps and when we are out.
- Milestones- He's meeting most to all of the three year old milestones already! He knows all of his colors and shapes, most of his letters, recognizes several numbers, can count reliably to 12. He talks a TON. He speaks in full sentences (like 6+ word phrases) - he's way ahead with his speech. He is climbing stairs by himself now, and figuring out how to jump with both feet. Still not sure if he is right or left handed (he will use both).
- Sleep- He's now in a BIG BOY BED (twin size bed) and has done great with it! He still takes one 2-3 hour nap a day (usually from 1 to 3 or 4). He goes to bed between 8:30 and 9. He now basically sleeps through the night. Some nights he's slept straight through in his bed, but most nights he comes into our room/bed in the middle of the night or very early morning and will sleep the rest of the time with us. (We don't mind!)
- Favorite Toys-Jackson loooooves to play outside. He's fearless at the playground and loves it when there aren't many kids there and I'll let him play on the "big slides". He also loves to swing, play "diggers" (in his sandbox), and ride in his ride-in car and tractor. His favorite toys are his Thomas trains, and basically anything else with wheels. He also loves books and being read to. He has several stories pretty much memorized now and can recite whole pages.
- Favorite Foods- Macaroni & cheese is always the biggest hit! He also loves hashbrowns/tater tots, oatmeal, cheese in general, hot dogs, chicken nuggets, green beans, tomatoes, and pretty much all fruits (especially strawberries & blueberries)
- Favorite TV show- His most favorite is Thomas the Tank Engine. He also really loves the movie Cars and Mater's Tall Tales (from Netflix). He also still watches and likes Sesame Street, Curious George, and Mickey Mouse.
- He is now FULLY WEANED from breastfeeding- I know I said I would do a separate post on this (I still plan to!). But long story short he was fully weaned at exactly 28 months. When we completely stopped it was more of a mutual thing. I do still miss it at times but we were both ready, and I am glad that I continued as long as I did.
- Comfort items- Jackson is never far from "KiKi" (his little monkey lovey). He sleeps with him and pretty much goes everywhere with him. He is still using a pacifer but he is only allowed to have it in bed or his carseat. In a few months we will likely eliminate the car seat and restrict it only to the bed. Then I think we will probably let him give it up on his own after that. He basically did that with nursing so we will see how it goes!
I will leave you with his 2.5 year video update!