Thursday, November 15, 2012

5 more days-- or less!!!

Hey everyone!!! Sooo I had my appointment today (I'm 39 weeks and 4 days) and well, here's the quick video update I recorded afterwards.

 

Now if you can't watch now for some reason I'll give you a quick recap-- everything is good w/me & baby.  She checked me and I'm about the same as last week (1cm dilated, 95% effaced, +1 station).  She offered to do a membrane sweep (which if you don't know is basically when they separate your amniotic sac from your cervix-- sounds pleasant right? lol.  It wasn't bad, a little uncomfortable though.)  She said that it sometimes helps get things going so I said go for it!  As predicted I've been crampy this afternoon/evening, and have had some spotting which is annoying but not bad.  So far no real contractions yet, but from what I've read usually if it's going to jump start labor it will do it within 48 hours, so we'll see!

The game plan is she scheduled me for an appointment Monday (if I don't deliver before then obviously) which is 40 weeks and 1 day.  Then she said if I haven't gone by then she will bring me in Tuesday for an induction!  Soooo it looks like the latest I'll get to meet my little guy is going to be the 20th!  Here's to hoping he has ideas of coming before then though! ;)


No comments: